Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And your little dog, too!

We recently watched the Wizard of Oz with the kids because...

It's a classic? No.

It's easily understandable to 5 year olds? No.

It teaches children the value of running away from home? No.

It teaches children to go into any old trailer with a crazy looking old guy by the side of the road? No.

It's fun to ponder about why the Wicked Witch of the East's feet shriveled up? (At least, that was Grant's question.) Maybe.

Toto is so adorable? Definitely not.

All children deserve to have nightmares about flying monkeys. Yes!

1 comment:

  1. I never liked the movie myself, in fact I viewed it the first time in it's complete form while I was in the mission field. I have been unable to watch it since, too dark and too much weird symbolism for me.

    ReplyDelete